Quality Control Manager
San Jose, California
BrightView Landscape Services
Brighter futures start here. Welcome to BrightView. We’re a team of talented professionals, driven by results and relationships, and committed to taking care of each other, clients, and communities.
BrightView was recently formed through the combination of landscape industry pioneers and leaders, Brickman and ValleyCrest. This defining event united more than 140 years of experience, an extraordinary portfolio of high-profile projects and clients, and a vast, national network of expertise and innovation. As one and true to our name, we’re reinventing the industry while affording our 22,000+ team members access to the most comprehensive training, resources, benefits, mentorship, and opportunities for career advancement.
A brighter future is in your hands. We’re currently seeking a Quality Control Manager. The Quality Control Manager serves as the primary contact for BrightView’s clients. They build and sustain long-term relationships, focusing on both client retention and ancillary sales, while providing oversight for field operations.
What you'll do:
- Oversee and manage Quality Management System (QMS) with regular reporting duties
- Monitor and manage Standards of Excellence: Site Cleanliness, Weed Control, Green Turf, Properly Prune Shrubs, Soil Moisture, Root Development, and Mulch Regimes
- Conduct quality inspections and submit and review Quality Inspection (QI) with Production Managers and Crew Leaders
- Conduct and submit to Client Representatives and BrightView Account Management Team Quality Site Assessment (QSA) reports on a monthly basis
- Use soil probes to monitor and manage soil moisture for plant establishment and calibration of water run times
- Manage establishment of trees through inspections, moisture readings, irrigation adjustments, and Integrated Pest Management
- Monitor soil moisture sensor readings and sampling and testing of soil nutrient levels
- Monitor and control disease and pest in conjunction with Account Manager
- Develop and enforce a project specific Quality Management System that will be accepted by the client
- Lead project quality assurance / quality control by setting direction of quality standards
- Conduct training and review of project quality requirements to team members
- Prepare technical reports as required
- Monitor construction activity and completed work to ensure that quality and workmanship meet project standards and specifications
- Manage, schedule and perform inspections as required by the construction documents
- Report non-conforming work and/or corrective measures timely
- Perform technical document review and evaluation
Skills we're seeking:
- 3+ years of horticulture experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Horticulture or Plant Science
- Proficient with computer software programs including MS Office suite (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Working knowledge of plant growing techniques and planting methodology
- Strong work ethic
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Customer service experience
- Demonstrated ability to conduct training
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
BrightView Landscapes, LLC is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.
No jobs have been viewed recently.
The Start of Something Great
Join the industry’s leading landscape services company, with 22,000 team members who believe taking care of each other is just as important as taking care of our clients. As we design, build, maintain and enhance landscapes across the country, we create new opportunities for success—and bring big dreams to life. Start your success story here.