San Fernando, California
BrightView Landscape Development
Brighter futures start here. Welcome to BrightView. We’re a team of talented professionals, driven by results and relationships, and committed to taking care of each other, clients, and communities.
BrightView was recently formed through the combination of landscape industry pioneers and leaders, Brickman and ValleyCrest. This defining event united more than 140 years of experience, an extraordinary portfolio of high-profile projects and clients, and a vast, national network of expertise and innovation. As one and true to our name, we’re reinventing the industry while affording our 22,000+ team members access to the most comprehensive training, resources, benefits, mentorship, and opportunities for career advancement.
A brighter future is in your hands. We’re currently seeking a Landscape Foreman.
What you'll do:
- Conduct weekly job site inspections
- Complete job site checklist
- Installation of required materials for landscaping/irrigation/site development
- Responsible for scheduling delivery of materials and equipment
- Responsible for crews production rates, quality control and safety
- Assist in job scheduling and coordination of subcontractors
- Ensuring that all employees are attending the weekly tailgate meeting
- Confirming that all employees are operating safely at all times including reviewing potential traffic hazards; performing hard hat checks and safety gear checks; underground alert reviews; other trades hazard review and performing general public safety checks
- Maintaining a hazardous communication folder including all relevant forms for chemicals used on the job site
- Reporting reckless or dangerous activities to job Superintendent; notify Safety Office of any accidents and submitting accident reports according to Company policy
Additionally, employees are expected to abide by all internal control & compliance practices to:
- Safeguard assets from theft and misuse
- Ensure segregation of duties to minimize fraud
- Comply with business ethics, applicable laws and regulation
- Maintain confidentiality of proprietary information
- Periodically reconcile physical assets to accounting records
Skills we're seeking:
- Knowledge of blueprints
- Ability to lead others and manage crews
- Able to be certified in first aid
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Strong work ethic
- Bilingual (Spanish)
- Minimum 3 years construction site experience
- Work in/or about situations near direct automotive traffic
- Work near or about natural bodies of water
- Work 8+ hours per day with applicable breaks x 5 days/week (some overtime/weekend work required)
- Ability to work in extreme conditions – temperatures may exceed 100 degrees Fahrenheit
- Ability to work in direct sunlight for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift and carry 40 lbs. (mulch, fertilizer, etc.)
- Ability to load/unload burlaps with plant cuttings onto trailer (up to 50 lbs.)
- Ability to bend, stoop and twist continuously throughout the day
- Competitive salary $16.00 - $22.00 Per hour
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
BrightView Landscape Development is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.
No jobs have been viewed recently.
The Start of Something Great
Join the industry’s leading landscape services company, with 22,000 team members who believe taking care of each other is just as important as taking care of our clients. As we design, build, maintain and enhance landscapes across the country, we create new opportunities for success—and bring big dreams to life. Start your success story here.