Director of Operations
BrightView Landscape Services
Brighter futures start here. BrightView takes pride in providing consistent, high-quality landscape services with a dependable service commitment. As the nation’s leading landscape services company, BrightView provides, through its team of more than 18,000 employees, services ranging from landscape maintenance and enhancements to tree care and landscape development for thousands of customers’ properties, including corporate and commercial properties, HOAs, public parks, hotels and resorts, hospitals and other healthcare facilities, educational institutions, restaurants and retail, and golf courses, among others. BrightView takes care of its employees, customers, and communities while delivering exceptional landscapes that positively impact millions of lives every day.
A brighter future is in your hands. We’re currently seeking a Director of Operations. The purpose of this position is to ensure the continuous improvement of Branch operating capability that delivers superior business performance through the training and development of branch leaders in operating roles. Acts as a champion for quality landscapes and ensures this is a top priority with our operations team throughout the market. This role will provide technical operational support that enables success with all aspects of the Executional framework through proactive and reactive coaching. Serves as the key operational business partner to the Market VPGM to deliver on goals as well as to troubleshoot, diagnose and problem solve outliers.
What you’ll do:
- Implements best-in class enterprise tools and processes to enable Branches to deliver best-in-class quality, service delivery and efficiencies
- Leads consistent operation planning and quality production processes in the Market to ensure all Branches meet their performance objectives.
- Optimize staffing plans and HPS execution in Branches in partnership with VP HR to assure low turnover and efficient management with seasonality of business and client demands.
- Develops a Market specific plan for providing best-in-class quality and production efficiencies at every branch
- Maintains expert knowledge of products, services and solutions for the Landscape Maintenance and Snow Service business.
- Partners closely with the Enterprise Functional support teams to deploy and lead and support training of standard SOPS across the Market in support of the BrightView Priorities.
- Supports Region sales team with new sales opportunities, strategic key accounts and other key client opportunities providing operations input to deliver to expectations
- Collaborates with production teams and looks for innovations that can be easily implemented and scaled by branch team.
- Make key business decisions with limited oversight
Skills we’re seeking:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent certification
- 7 – 10 years of progressive experience in Landscape Maintenance operations management
- Brings solid functional expertise in process orientation, service delivery and execution
- Has experience operating in a matrix environment as well as serving as a direct and indirect influencer
- Possesses the ability to develop a plan and execute that plan through others
- Has a focused operational mindset coupled with a strong commercial instinct
- Ability to present and communicate effectively in front of a large group of 50 to 300 of employees and customers.
- Builds strong partnerships with functional leaders to develop business, sales and operational strategy in support of company strategy and in alignment with Region goals. Is an enabler of growth for the organization
- Have a solid eye for identifying and selecting talent and a passion for developing direct reports. Is known as a promoter of others and has a documented record as an exporter of talent to other areas of the organization
- Known as a brand and culture champion
Preferred Prior Experiences:
- Significant service related leadership experience (5+ years)
- Six Sigma Black Belt
- Significant leadership experience in a distributed service delivery model
- Needs to be able to rapidly assess and understand the organizations operational service delivery structure
- Initiating, managing and sustaining business relationships with heavy experience managing customer expectations
- Strongly demonstrated analytical skills
- Self-motivated and disciplined
- Robust execution skills
- Leadership experience encompassing development planning and coaching
- Has successfully lead geographically dispersed teams
- Provides guidance/coaching to peers and other team members
- Manages complex projects requiring cross-functional teams
Travel of 30-50% required across given market to support and engage with branch teams.
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
BrightView Landscapes, LLC is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.
No jobs have been viewed recently.
The Start of Something Great
Join the industry’s leading landscape services company, with 22,000 team members who believe taking care of each other is just as important as taking care of our clients. As we design, build, maintain and enhance landscapes across the country, we create new opportunities for success—and bring big dreams to life. Start your success story here.