Senior Application Developer
New Albany, Ohio
BrightView Enterprise Solutions
The Senior Application Developer is responsible for building solutions to help the BES division deliver outstanding service to our customers and solid support to our employees and subcontractors. This role will work closely with the BES division, BrightView’s central IT team, and outside vendors to develop and maintain solutions consistent with company standards and industry best practices.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Architect, design, build and maintain software applications and data warehouses.
- Build reports and dashboards in Power BI with various SQL Server and Azure back-ends.
- Implement, configure, and integrate off-the-shelf and SAAS / Cloud solutions.
- Gather and document business requirements and turn them into practical designs.
- Test, debug and document code.
- Jointly establish project due dates and then meet them.
- Provide status reports on projects when requested.
- Support existing applications and technology solutions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or business field, or equivalent work experience.
- Advanced Degree preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years in a software development role in an enterprise setting.
- Extensive experience with software development technologies and environments including C#.Net, Azure, AWS, Power BI, SQL Server, Visual Studio.
- Familiarity with implementing and consuming technologies to integrate applications including RESTful and SOAP APIs, JSON, XML, CSV, etc.
- Well-versed in different development methodologies – Waterfall and Agile.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in teams.
- Ability to influence the opinions and approach of business and IT team members.
- Extensive experience in translating business requirements into practical solutions. This requires taking into account the impact to the business along with the long-term costs and complexity of the technology.
- Experience with integration tools like Dell Boomi, Informatica, Mulesoft preferred.
- Experience with best-of-breed software solutions and cloud services like Salesforce.com and Microsoft Dynamics preferred.
No jobs have been viewed recently.
The Start of Something Great
Join the industry’s leading landscape services company, with 22,000 team members who believe taking care of each other is just as important as taking care of our clients. As we design, build, maintain and enhance landscapes across the country, we create new opportunities for success—and bring big dreams to life. Start your success story here.