Long Grove, Illinois
BrightView Landscape Development
Brighter futures start here. BrightView takes pride in providing consistent, high-quality landscape services with a dependable service commitment. As the nation’s leading landscape services company, BrightView provides, through its team of more than 18,000 employees, services ranging from landscape maintenance and enhancements to tree care and landscape development for thousands of customers’ properties, including corporate and commercial properties, HOAs, public parks, hotels and resorts, hospitals and other healthcare facilities, educational institutions, restaurants and retail, and golf courses, among others. BrightView takes care of its employees, customers, and communities while delivering exceptional landscapes that positively impact millions of lives every day.
A brighter future is in your hands. We’re currently seeking an Estimator/Project Coordinator for commercial landscape and irrigation projects in our Chicago Construction branch located in Long Grove, IL.
What you'll do:
- Gathering, calculating and compiling take off data for use in bid proposal estimates
- Preparing routine estimates under the supervision of the Project Estimator, Senior Estimator, Chief Estimator or Pre-Construction Manager
- Maintaining current and accurate information on prices from suppliers and subcontractors
- Utilizing standard estimating computer software to present information to management
- Demonstrating role model behaviors on ethics and integrity
- Use Estimating data to prepare product submittal packages, foreman’s project folders and purchasing files
- Receive, evaluate and respond to project change directives
- Compare plan revisions to original plans to help determine cost impacts
- Communicate changes and distribute important information to field teams and Subcontractors
- Source current and accurate prices from suppliers and subcontractors and ensure timely delivery to projects
- Prepare transmittals, RFIs and client letters at the direction of Project Manager
- Update submittal logs and Branch/job minutes per Company policy
- Ensure that information and resources are available to field teams and that communication between field and office teams supports a great customer experience
Skills we're seeking:
- Minimum of 2-4 year of construction experience for landscape and irrigation projects
- Experience with HCSS preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture, Civil Engineering, Construction Science, Construction Management or related preferred
- Proficient with computer software programs including MS Office suite (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Strong work ethic
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Customer service experience
- Bilingual (Spanish) a plus
- Proficient with On-Screen Take-Off not required but considered a positive
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
BrightView Landscape Development is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.
No jobs have been viewed recently.
The Start of Something Great
Join the industry’s leading landscape services company, with 22,000 team members who believe taking care of each other is just as important as taking care of our clients. As we design, build, maintain and enhance landscapes across the country, we create new opportunities for success—and bring big dreams to life. Start your success story here.