A brighter future is in your hands. When you work as a Landscaper at BrightView, you will be spending your days creating amazing landscapes for our clients. You will be using a variety of equipment and learning about different aspects of landscaping. If you enjoy working outside, BrightView could be the right place for you! At BrightView, we like to promote from within, so you can play an important role in creating your future. Join our landscaping team and learn what it means to be a part of our team.
- Full Time
- Job Level – Entry Level
We grow the industry's best talent.
- Physical Workout
- Professional Development
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Year-Round Opportunities
Brighter futures start here. BrightView takes pride in providing consistent, high-quality landscape services with a dependable service commitment. As the nation’s leading landscape services company, BrightView provides, through its team of more than 18,000 employees, services ranging from landscape maintenance and enhancements to tree care and landscape development for thousands of customers’ properties, including corporate and commercial properties, HOAs, public parks, hotels and resorts, hospitals and other healthcare facilities, educational institutions, restaurants and retail, and golf courses, among others. BrightView takes care of its employees, customers, and communities while delivering exceptional landscapes that positively impact millions of lives every day.
A brighter future is in your hands. We’re currently seeking a Gardener who Drives. The Crew Member Driver is responsible for safely and efficiently producing quality landscape service that meets or exceeds the standards of clients and management.
What you'll do:
Prepare trucks for day:
- Load gas cans, mowers and other equipment onto trucks/trailers
- Secure all equipment
- Maintain and correctly use issued personal protective equipment.
Perform maintenance on properties:
- Safely operate equipment with all necessary personal protective equipment
- Mow turf using various mowers
- Edge grass at curbs and walkways
- Blow leaves and clippings
- Prune shrubs and trees as needed and clear debris
- Pull weeds as needed
- Clean site and watch for trash, limbs, and rocks
Plantings and Flower Installation:
- Prep soil uniformly for flower or groundcover installation
- Plant material properly considering depth, size, placement, and spacing
- Apply mulch appropriately for type of material
- Water material correctly
- Edge beds or establish new bed edges
Perform maintenance on equipment:
- Unload equipment from trucks/trailers
- Wash equipment and truck
- Change equipment blades and oil
- Clean air filters
- Grease machines
Snow removal (when applicable):
- Must be available nights, weekends and holidays
- Driving when necessary
- Assisting the crew leader as needed
Skills we're seeking:
- Valid Drivers License
- Some experience in lawn care helpful
- Must be able to operate various lawn care machinery including mowers, edgers, backpack blowers
- Must be able to operate various vehicles, with or without trailers
- Bilingual English/Spanish highly preferred but not required.
- Safely perform heavy lifting/pushing/pulling of various landscaping equipment and materials, including, but not limited to backpack blowers, large containers of mulch/plant material, various sizes of lawnmowers, etc.
- Safely operate hand and power equipment, including but not limited to manual and powered sawing and cutting equipment
- Leverage 80 lbs. of a walk behind mower over curbs
- Lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Lift branches and limbs
- Push, pull, grip and squeeze various tools, products and/or items (e.g., pruning
- Walk up to 10 miles a day, sometimes uphill and on uneven terrain, often while carrying, pushing, or pulling equipment, materials, or debris.
- Bend and kneel up to 9 hours or more a day
- Use hand saw
- Work hours vary and may exceed 12 hours per day
- Work in extreme weather conditions (heat, cold, precipitation)
- Noise level may be loud at times and use of ear plugs may be required (e.g., outdoor conditions, backpack blowers, running mowers, weedwackers)
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
BrightView Landscapes, LLC is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.
About our Location
Find out what it’s like to live and work in Greer.View Map