BrightView Landscape Services
Brighter futures start here. BrightView takes pride in providing consistent, high-quality landscape services with a dependable service commitment. As the nation’s leading landscape services company, BrightView provides, through its team of more than 18,000 employees, services ranging from landscape maintenance and enhancements to tree care and landscape development for thousands of customers’ properties, including corporate and commercial properties, HOAs, public parks, hotels and resorts, hospitals and other healthcare facilities, educational institutions, restaurants and retail, and golf courses, among others. BrightView takes care of its employees, customers, and communities while delivering exceptional landscapes that positively impact millions of lives every day.
A brighter future is in your hands. We are currently seeking a Market Crew Recruiter.
Major Responsibilities – Objectives:
- Develop , expand on and increase domestic (local) applicant flow channels and act as key advisor to the business on developing and supporting recruitment solutions
- Lead recruitment, talent sourcing and employment marketing efforts for hourly (non-exempt) positions in assigned market
- Use a variety of Talent Management system(s) to create and manage job postings and record and administer candidate tracking data, information and hiring statuses
- Collaborate with team to identify, evaluate and deploy local in person and internet sourcing strategies and techniques to identify and hire high quality hourly talent
- Create and execute a sourcing strategy that establishes the company as an “Employer of Choice” within local communities, including partnering with community, military and grass roots organizations to identify and motivate candidates, manage recruitment advertising, job posting, field visits, community organization sponsorships, etc.
- Use advanced internet technologies and social media to leverage branding of company and promote hourly position openings
- Represent the company at job fairs, school and community events, etc. while building sustainable relationships in the surrounding community
- Establish and manage pipeline of potential employees (prospects), and partner with local branch management teams to anticipate, determine and fulfill landscaping maintenance recruiting needs
- Expand on the sourcing and screening process to improve quality of candidates and hires; while reducing Operation team’s time in interviewing/selecting/communicating with applicants.
- Develop and expand on screening process by working with each branch and HR VP to create accurate job descriptions and postings; pre-screening questions, phone screening template and interview questions to ensure consistency, improve quality and help to reduce turnover
- Assure that all jobs posted have improved description and that all candidate presented have been screened with standard questions.
- Ensures screening information is provided to Ops team on every candidate presented
- Train community, military and neighborhood partners on qualifications for openings and ensure referrals meet BrightView quality standards
- Maintain strong partnerships with Operations teams and HR business partners and support BrightView Hiring Practices & Standards goals and strategies. Act as recruitment and retention champion for monetary programs (LEAF Employee Referral, H2b, Puerto Rico) and non-monetary (non-employee referrals, internet sourcing, community recruiting) strategies
- Stay aligned to business operations and development plans by participating in branch meetings, events and activities
- Continue to add value to the business by offering creative sourcing ideas and techniques, to improve screening of walk-ins, technology and non-technology process improvement suggestions, training, presentation of data and analysis and assisting with retention activities
- Create and maintain detailed report, analytic and scorecard data
- Assist with training and coaching Production and Operations Managers in interviewing and fair selection skills in partnership with HR Business Partners
- Partner with HR Team, Professional Recruiters, TA Ops and CR Solution Center on developing strategies for challenges in the market
- Deepen the relationship with targeted community partners to “take care of our community” and “take pride” in the quality and diversity of candidates being selected as employees
- Identify targeted sourcing list during strategic planning meetings to include 5-10 community sources (based on results, legacy data or anticipation of effectiveness – business goals)
- Work closely in person to train selected partners on BrightView as an employer of choice and hiring standards and qualifications
- Develop effective screening/interviewing processes to achieve results – prospects/hires
- Conduct community roundtable meetings with targeted sources
- Attend recruitment events, job fairs and community partner meetings as needed
- Participate in departmental projects and team meetings as required
- Maintain a flexible, positive and adaptable attitude in the face of changing business needs or priority shifts
- Use professional judgment and communication skills when interacting with internal colleagues, candidates and community partners
- Maintain attendance and punctuality standards and field travel requirements
- Demonstrate BrightView Leadership behaviors of Instilling Trust, Driving Engagement, Values Differences, Ensures Accountability, Focuses on Client and Builds Effective Teams.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2 years minimum of high volume (100+ hires per month average), non-exempt position, recruiting experience with the ability to interact directly with hiring managers required
- Business acumen and/or previous experience with working in a seasonal type business preferred
- Proven experience with sourcing passive candidates and building talent pools
- Demonstrated ability to build and sustain community-based relationships
- Professional level oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and produce results based on key deliverables and metrics
- Proven ability to overcome objections from hiring managers and candidates in a diplomatic and professional manner
- Outgoing and extroverted personality required
- The ability to work independently with diverse personalities at all levels within the organization and thrive in a matrix-management/team-based environment
- An adaptable, decisive, problem solver, capable of multi-tasking while prioritizing and balancing the interests of the company, clients and employees
- Possess excellent organizational skills with high degree of attention to detail
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite, especially excel as well as proficient in internet based technologies
- Must have a valid Driver's License and the ability to drive to a variety of work locations in assigned territory
- Must be outgoing and self-motivated with the ability to work unsupervised to meet goals and objectives
- Must be able to work a flexible work schedule (including some evenings and weekends) and travel as required both within and outside of assigned territory
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish (speaking, reading, writing) preferred; conversational Spanish required
- Military Service a plus!
- High School Diploma or GED
Equal Opportunity Employer
No jobs have been viewed recently.
The Start of Something Great
Join the industry’s leading landscape services company, with 22,000 team members who believe taking care of each other is just as important as taking care of our clients. As we design, build, maintain and enhance landscapes across the country, we create new opportunities for success—and bring big dreams to life. Start your success story here.