Plant Health Care Technician
BrightView Landscape Services
Brighter futures start here. BrightView takes pride in providing consistent, high-quality landscape services with a dependable service commitment. As the nation’s leading landscape services company, BrightView provides, through its team of more than 18,000 employees, services ranging from landscape maintenance and enhancements to tree care and landscape development for thousands of customers’ properties, including corporate and commercial properties, HOAs, public parks, hotels and resorts, hospitals and other healthcare facilities, educational institutions, restaurants and retail, and golf courses, among others. BrightView takes care of its employees, customers, and communities while delivering exceptional landscapes that positively impact millions of lives every day.
A brighter future is in your hands. We’re currently seeking a motivated, team-oriented professional to work as a Plant Health Care Technician. This is a challenging year-round position requiring a desire to work outdoors, knowledge of plant I.D., pests and diseases, as well as practical experience in applying pesticides and fertilizer. As a PHC Technician, you will monitor plants, evaluate plant health, and diagnose problems related to abiotic and biotic influences. You will apply pesticides or employ other management measures, as appropriate. As part of the diagnostic process, you may collect and submit plant or soil samples for laboratory analysis, communicating findings, recommended response, pricing, or actions taken to BrightView’s property management representative.
What you'll do:
- Monitor plant health on client properties across Central Ohio.
- Apply fertilizers and pesticides to beds and plants, as required and according to safety procedures, and label instructions
- Drive company vehicle to customer properties
- Respond on a timely basis to account manager requests for plant evaluation or PHC service
- Complete required pesticide application forms and site visit reports
- Perform a daily five-minute, 360-degree inspection of truck and equipment before taking the vehicle out on the road (and upon return)
- Maintain vehicle and equipment cleanliness, safety, and condition
Skills we're seeking:
- Ability to become a licensed pesticide applicator
- Excellent communication skills, leadership potential and an aptitude to train others
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to communicate with and serve multiple clients
- Ability to complete paperwork accurately and on time
- Dedication to safety
- Ability to communicate in English (Spanish a plus)
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
BrightView Landscapes, LLC is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.
No jobs have been viewed recently.
The Start of Something Great
Join the industry’s leading landscape services company, with 22,000 team members who believe taking care of each other is just as important as taking care of our clients. As we design, build, maintain and enhance landscapes across the country, we create new opportunities for success—and bring big dreams to life. Start your success story here.