Plant Health Care Technician
BrightView Landscape Services
Brighter futures start here. Welcome to BrightView. We’re a team of talented professionals, driven by results and relationships, and committed to taking care of each other, clients, and communities.
BrightView was recently formed through the combination of landscape industry pioneers and leaders, Brickman and ValleyCrest. This defining event united more than 140 years of experience, an extraordinary portfolio of high-profile projects and clients, and a vast, national network of expertise and innovation. As one and true to our name, we’re reinventing the industry while affording our 22,000+ team members access to the most comprehensive training, resources, benefits, mentorship, and opportunities for career advancement.
A brighter future is in your hands. We’re currently seeking a motivated, team-oriented professional to work as a Plant Health Care Technician. This is a challenging year-round position requiring a desire to work outdoors, knowledge of plant I.D., pests and diseases, as well as practical experience in spraying, fertilization and IPM. You will be applying control measures and fertilization applications to trees and shrubs on our commercial maintenance properties. As a PHC you will scout, diagnose, treat sites and provide feedback to your project director on pest populations, disease stresses and plant health.
What you'll do:
- Applying fertilizers and pesticides to lawns according to schedule, safety procedures, and label instructions
- Driving company vehicle to customer locations
- Responding on a timely basis to customer requests
- Completing required production forms and customer instructions
- Performing a daily five-minute, 360 degree inspection of truck and equipment before taking the vehicle out on the road and upon return
- Maintaining vehicle and equipment cleanliness, safety, and general maintenance
Skills we're seeking:
- Ability to become a licensed spray operator
- Excellent communication skills, leadership potential and an aptitude to train
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to communicate with and serve multiple clients
- Ability to complete paperwork accurately and timely
- Dedication to safety
- Proficiency in use of landscape equipment
- Ability to communicate in English and Spanish a plus
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
BrightView Landscapes, LLC is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.
No jobs have been viewed recently.
The Start of Something Great
Join the industry’s leading landscape services company, with 22,000 team members who believe taking care of each other is just as important as taking care of our clients. As we design, build, maintain and enhance landscapes across the country, we create new opportunities for success—and bring big dreams to life. Start your success story here.