Brooklyn Center, Minnesota
BrightView Landscape Services
Brighter futures start here. BrightView takes pride in providing consistent, high-quality landscape services with a dependable service commitment. As the nation’s leading landscape services company, BrightView provides, through its team of more than 18,000 employees, services ranging from landscape maintenance and enhancements to tree care and landscape development for thousands of customers’ properties, including corporate and commercial properties, HOAs, public parks, hotels and resorts, hospitals and other healthcare facilities, educational institutions, restaurants and retail, and golf courses, among others. BrightView takes care of its employees, customers, and communities while delivering exceptional landscapes that positively impact millions of lives every day.
A brighter future is in your hands. We’re currently seeking Snow Shovelers. This position is responsible for removing snow on assigned residential or commercial sites on an “as needed” basis. Primary function is to remove snow using a shovel or snow blower on walkways, thoroughfare’s, etc. This position may also assist snow removal teams (Drivers) with their snow removal responsibilities. The position may also be required to spread salt or sand on an as needed basis.
What you'll do:
- Remove snow using a shovel or snow blower for several hours at a time, depending on the amount of snowfall
- Must be available each time it snows, and report either to a central location or directly to the jobsite
- Place removed snow in appropriate locations, avoiding piling it on trees, shrubs, fire hydrants or sidewalks
- Check with your immediate Supervisor prior to going home in the event that help is needed else-where
- Report any concerns to your direct Supervisor
- Maintain a good attendance record, arriving as promptly as possible each time you are called for snow removal duties
- Fill out a job sheet/time card as soon as you are finished working after each snow removal operation
- If you can’t answer a customer’s question about our snow removal processes, find the on-site Supervisor to answer their question
- Be available and arrive on time each time it snows
- Communicate effectively with your Supervisor and coworkers to ensure maximum efficiency
- Participate in maintaining a safe and secure work environment for employees and customers by adhering to company safety policies
- Be aware of safety issues or concerns, and report them to the appropriate Supervisor
- Perform other tasks as assigned by supervisor/manager
Skills we're seeking:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must demonstrate and perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The ability to effectively communicate and interact, in a positive manner, with all Company personnel and external customers is also required. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Must have reliable transportation to and from any work site
- Physically able to work outside, sometimes in extreme weather conditions
- Ability to shovel snow, sometimes for several hours at a time
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively
- Willing to dress appropriately for all weather conditions
- Competitive salary ($15 - $18)
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
BrightView Landscapes, LLC is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.
No jobs have been viewed recently.
The Start of Something Great
Join the industry’s leading landscape services company, with 22,000 team members who believe taking care of each other is just as important as taking care of our clients. As we design, build, maintain and enhance landscapes across the country, we create new opportunities for success—and bring big dreams to life. Start your success story here.