Assistant Golf Course Superintendent at The Club at Boca Pointe
Boca Raton, Florida
BrightView Golf Maintenance
Brighter futures start here. BrightView takes pride in providing consistent, high-quality landscape services with a dependable service commitment. As the nation’s leading landscape services company, BrightView provides, through its team of more than 18,000 employees, services ranging from landscape maintenance and enhancements to tree care and landscape development for thousands of customers’ properties, including corporate and commercial properties, HOAs, public parks, hotels and resorts, hospitals and other healthcare facilities, educational institutions, restaurants and retail, and golf courses, among others. BrightView takes care of its employees, customers, and communities while delivering exceptional landscapes that positively impact millions of lives every day.
A brighter future is in your hands. We’re currently seeking an Assistant Golf Course Superintendent. The assistant golf course superintendent reports directly to the golf course superintendent and is responsible to execute the superintendent’s job duties in his absence. The superintendent is entrusted with the maintenance, operation, and management of a golf course maintenance operation. He serves as the liaison between the company, the customer representative and the golf shop on matters concerning daily course operation. He shall be easily contacted and will, in turn, be in contact with the key employees on the golf course at all times. The superintendent and assistant superintendent must be able to respond quickly to any situation.
What you'll do:
- Assist the superintendent to organize and direct maintenance of all areas within the scope and according to the technical specifications of the contract.
- Supervise the operation, maintenance, and repair of all equipment assigned to the course.
- Procure and manage supplies and materials to support maintenance activities.
- Manage golf course maintenance employees. Provide valuable inputs on the interview, hire, training, discipline and the separation process.
- Protect the company’s interest through an awareness of and compliance with all applicable regulations including course and company policies. Fulfill administrative duties timely.
- Administer all aspects of the BrightView Safety Program and the BV360 Management Program
- Represent BrightView Golf Maintenance in a positive and professional manner including attitude, appearance, and public relations.
- Meet or exceed external and internal customer expectations.
Skills we're seeking:
- Experience in golf course management and turf culture preferred.
- An awareness of the construction, establishment and maintenance practices employed on golf course putting greens, tees, fairways, roughs and bunkers.
- A degree or advanced knowledge of agronomy, horticulture, plant or soil science preferred.
- Aptitude for administrative and executive responsibilities including effective oral and written communication skills and computer proficiency.
- Must obtain and maintain state sanctioned pesticide applicator license within 6 months of entry into this job.
- Familiar with the characteristics and proper use of fertilizers and soil conditioners.
- Knowledge of irrigation including watering practices, irrigation systems, pumps, wells and automatic controls and drainage.
- Able to prepare the course for play in accordance with the rules of golf.
- Able to evaluate the course from the player's perspective.
- Valid driver's license.
- Competitive salary
- Paid time off
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
BrightView Landscapes, LLC is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.
No jobs have been viewed recently.
The Start of Something Great
Join the industry’s leading landscape services company, with 22,000 team members who believe taking care of each other is just as important as taking care of our clients. As we design, build, maintain and enhance landscapes across the country, we create new opportunities for success—and bring big dreams to life. Start your success story here.